Job Title: Front-End Developer
Salary Range: $70,000 – 85,000
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
This position provides critical support to the team for all front-end development work and deliverables related to our clients. In coordination with Brand Managers and Project Managers, this role works with all members of the team to ensure all work is completed within established timeframes and to the required specifications defined in the scope of each project.
The Front-End Developer will:
- Perform front-end development to our designers’ specs, filling in gaps and troubleshooting wherever needed.
- Develop new features and content on existing client websites and applications for client change requests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Integrate third party software with existing web systems, as needed.
- Test, debug and assist with the implementation of quality control processes, as well as interface with and support both 19 Ideas clients and internal team.
- Interface with third party vendors on behalf of 19 Ideas and its clients, where needed.
- Offer new ideas and concepts to the 19 Ideas team and participate in creative ideation sessions, as needed.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing appropriate and forward-thinking digital strategies and solutions for 19 Ideas and its clients.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that the proposed website and mobile app concepts are executed within client-specified timeframes and budgets.
- Contribute to weekly workflow updates, both internally and client-facing, as well as attend internal status meetings and discuss project progress.
- Actively participate in company meetings.
- Foster and maintain a positive and healthy working relationship with 19 Ideas team members as well as clients through both direct and indirect contact.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between employees and company leadership, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Utilize and update project management tools and software on a daily basis.
- Serve as a resource for scoping and defining front-end development work.
- Work with the project management team to determine and establish deadlines and prioritization of development work, as well as meet deadlines and hours caps.
- At least three (3) years’ experience developing and leading web and mobile app projects with WordPress, writing custom php. Additional considerations will be given to candidates with experience and knowledge of theming with ACF and Gutenberg, or building websites with other Content Management Systems.
- Experience with designing and implementing modern front-end development workflows (Node.js, npm, Gulp/Yarn, Webpack).
- Experience with web technologies, such as PHP, HTML and SASS/LESS.
- Experience writing semantic markup paired with an efficient and logical approach to writing styles (SCSS/LESS/CSS).
- Basic understanding of semantic HTML and accessibility on the web (508, WCAG, and ADA compliance).
- Basic understanding of modern approaches to deploying code to production environments.
- Experience with modern php development practices and frameworks a plus (composer, autoloading, PSR4, namespacing and templating with frameworks like Laravel).
- Familiarity with modern JS frameworks/libraries like React/Vue/Angular and state management a plus.
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Experience with modern UI/UX concepts and design principles is a plus.
- Effective writing and communication skills, especially with the company’s chosen internal communication and project management tools.
- Able to work in and positively contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Effective management of simultaneous projects that vary in size and scope while meeting deadlines and staying on budget. Proof of workflow efficiency and process is requested.
- Proficient with project management and hours-tracking systems.
- Enthusiastic about innovation and creating new products.
- Great problem-solving abilities.
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail.
- Reliable, dependable and takes pride in producing excellent, high-quality work.
- Flexible, stable under pressure, and adjusts well to change.
- Self-motivated and works well independently when needed.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical requirements of the job are typical of an office environment.
- Working conditions of the job are typical of an office environment.
Elbow grease has its benefits.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Health insurance & wellness programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Responsible (unlimited) PTO
- Flexible/remote work policies
- Company holidays & Holiday Shutdown
- Professional development opportunities