We’re looking for a regular, full-time Software Developer to provide custom software solutions for our clients. This position is part of the Software Development Team and reports to the Software Development Director.
The Software Developer will lend critical support to the Development team for web and mobile application-based work and ideation.
- Perform feature and full stack development and troubleshoot wherever needed.
- Design and develop databases and business applications and maintain existing code.
- Provide analysis, design requirements and specifications, and determine business functionality for enhancements to new and existing application systems.
- Actively shape architecture methodology for 19 IDEAS’ development team.
- Test, debug and assist with the implementation of quality control processes, as well as interface with and support both 19 IDEAS’ clients and development team.
- Interface with third party vendors on behalf of 19 IDEAS and its clients, where needed.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Offer new ideas and concepts to the 19 IDEAS team and participate in creative ideation sessions as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that the proposed website and mobile app concepts are executed within client-specified timeframes and budgets.
- Adhere to established processes and offer suggestions for process improvements.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio or VS Code development environment.
- Firm understanding of Git
- Open to learning and sharing software architecture design patterns.
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
- Reliable and takes pride in their work.
- Enthusiastic about innovation and creating new products.
- Flexible, stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Self-motivated and works well independently.
- A great problem solver.
- Proficient with project management and hours-tracking systems.
- Someone that cares about what they do, strives for excellence, works hard, and enjoys the rewards of their labor.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.