Senior Digital Designer
This position is part of the Creative team and reports to the Creative Director.
Regular full-time. This offer and the tenets and specific benefits presented within it are based on full-time status.
This individual will provide both design and strategic guidance for websites, landing page marketing efforts, social media and video content, and digital advertising under the guidance of the Creative Director.
Digital design Duties:
- Lead the creative development and execution of interactive and digital creative projects in close collaboration with the Digital team, under the guidance of the Creative Director.
- Work closely with the Creative and Digital teams to ensure that creative work for web, digital, interactive, and social campaigns will achieve the client’s strategic objectives.
- Work collaboratively with project teams in the creation of digital projects such as websites, email campaigns, applications, social media assets and display ads.
- Learn and understand brand standards for 19 IDEAS and our clients, becoming a steward of those standards for the 19 IDEAS team. Be a strong leader in how these brand standards are expressed across digital platforms, working with the Creative Director and Associate Creative Director.
- Establish strategy- and brand-appropriate creative approaches to present to the Creative Director, Associate Creative Director and Account team.
- Concept and design unique user interface elements that enhance digital projects, working in close collaboration with front-end developers to ensure proper build, execution and outcomes.
- Create effective and engaging motion graphics or short videos to support website and social media work.
- Play a critical role in advancing 19 IDEAS success as a digital-focused agency and strategic partner to the clients we serve, as well as clearly articulate design decisions that are backed up with strategic supporting evidence, insight and rationale.
- Translate content guidance provided into digital designs that work to meet the client’s goals for interactive, web, social and digital projects.
- Work with Account team, Digital Director and developers to understand project goals and strategy and execute designs that create effective user journeys for website visitors.
- Support new business development including supporting and participating in creative concepting, asset development, and presentation decks.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for ideation and concepting creative suggestions for work that will meet clients’ business needs. Offer new ideas and concepts and participates in creative ideation sessions as needed.
- Interface with third-party production vendors or outside collaborators on behalf of 19 IDEAS and its clients, when appropriate.
- Actively participate and make meaningful contributions in client meetings, creative discussions, strategy discussions, and development of presentations.
- Present concepts and strategies to clients as needed.
- Communicate proactively with the project team to keep deliverables on track.
- Utilize and update 19 IDEAS project management tools on a daily basis.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and produce work efficiently.
- Stay on top of industry, market, cultural and social trends to implement for 19 IDEAS and its clients. Gather and organize client and competitive information as needed. Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption to 19 IDEAS and its clients where appropriate.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on the latest trends and best practices in social media, online marketing, and UX and UI design.
- Demonstrate superb communication skills.
- Support 19 IDEAS relationships with clients, either through direct contact or in support of clients’ needs with quality, on-time work.
- Effectively liaise, communicate and manage between employees and senior management, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a design-related field, along with a creative portfolio showing samples of individually produced work.
- 7 years of experience in a digital design role. Preference will be given to candidates with advertising agency experience.
- Demonstrate a keen intuitiveness in the digital realm with a passion for beautiful design — must be a natural visual thinker with the ability to meld art and science.
- Keep up with trends in style and technology. Possess great working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, AfterEffects and Premier Pro, and Sketch. Familiarity with Invision and Google Ads is a plus.
- Proficient with time management and hours-tracking.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.