Reports To: Operations Director
This position provides critical support to the team for all work output and deliverables related to our clients and internal projects. In coordination with Communications department, the Project Manager works with all members of the team to ensure that work is completed within established processes, timeframes and budgets. This role supports the Communications department by determining and managing project timelines, task assignment and communication across the team.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage and direct all project workflows, coordinating team members to ensure that creative, digital and web projects, and marketing strategies are executed within established timeframes and budgets – without error – from inception to completion. This includes:
- Determine, manage, communicate and adhere to budgets and forecasts.
- Set and co-lead kickoff meetings for projects, preparing the team for the work to come both strategically and tactically.
- Assign tasks to members of the team for the duration of all projects to keep the team on track with established timelines.
- Keep project information organized and streamline communication among team members, clients, and as-needed vendors.
- Supervise routing and approval processes, making sure that work advances with appropriate approvals.
- Identify and communicate potential risks and problem resolution.
- Conduct post-mortems on projects and provide company leadership with outcomes, learnings and recommendations for process improvements or adjustments.
- Coordinate and liaise with members of the team on a day-to-day basis, as well as clients and vendors, as directed, to create and maintain clarity on project work and deliverables.
- Collaborate with other Project Managers on project management processes including the management and optimization of team utilization, work processes, systems, and tools.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and project management systems and provide insights to company leadership for agency consideration; assist in leading implementation of any new tools, systems or processes.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information for internal status, forecast, budget, and resource planning reports for all current accounts and open projects.
- Assist in preparing plans, reports and presentations for clients.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with team members, vendors, and clients to ensure the seamless and successful implementation of projects.
- Lead and guide team members to ensure projects meet objectives and brand guidelines.
- Serve as a primary liaison with third party vendors on behalf of 19 Ideas and its clients, where appropriate.
- Gather and organize client and industry-level information as needed.
- Serve as a resource and liaison between the Communications department, Directors and internal client project team to ensure that work and resources are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Work with the project management sub-function on establishing and improving all workflow processes in coordination with company leadership.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of proven project management experience. Candidates with marketing and/or agency experience will be given priority review.
- Bachelor’s degree, a concentration in marketing or business or project management certifications are preferred.
- Proven experience and knowledge in successfully managing marketing strategies and projects including advertising campaigns, paid media, digital marketing, collateral development, public relations, landing pages and websites.
- Proficient ability to coordinate, communicate, and manage multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment while meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Exhibit outstanding organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources with streamlined processes and project management software.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivation with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Stay on top of best practices for management and organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience with project management and hours-tracking software platforms.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Physical requirements of the job are typical of an office environment.
- Working conditions of the job are typical of an office environment.
Elbow grease has its benefits.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Health insurance & wellness programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Responsible (unlimited) PTO
- Flexible/remote work policies
- Company holidays & Holiday Shutdown
- Professional development opportunities