PR & Marketing Associate
We’re looking for a dynamic PR and marketing pro to join our team. This individual will manage cross-functional client accounts and lend critical support to public relations and marketing campaign ideation, strategy, planning and implementation. This position is part of the Account team and reports to the PR & Communications Director.
19 IDEAS is an award-winning integrated communications agency headquartered in Buffalo, NY. The NYS-certified, WBE agency offers creative solutions in the fields of marketing, public relations, design, and web and software development.
- Coordinate with Account and Creative teams to plan and implement public relations, internal communications and marketing strategies, campaigns and events that create a favorable public image for 19 IDEAS and its clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, overseeing day-to-day strategy, execution and coordination, as well as hours and budgets. Provide strategic guidance to ensure agency and client goals are met, projects launch on time and within budget.
- Organize and manage ideation, brainstorming and end-to-end logistics for press conferences and events.
- Draft marketing and public relations materials, including press releases and advisories, editorial content, stakeholder and internal communication, proposals, presentations and strategy documents.
- Manage media relations research, planning and execution for clients, including but not limited to developing and pitching stories, managing as-needed editorial calendar scheduling, interfacing with journalists, and fielding inquiries.
- Research and develop media and influencer lists, and outcomes reports tied to client initiatives.
- Exercise creativity with public relations and internal communications campaigns and events to garner results.
- Collaborate with internal team to ensure the successful implementation of all project work. Similar management of web and mobile app development projects is also included, as needed.
- Stay on top of industry, market, cultural and social trends to implement for 19 IDEAS and its clients. Gather and organize client and competitive information as needed. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption to 19 IDEAS and its clients where appropriate.
- Support client branding projects, which will include various forms of primary and secondary research, brand story development, and the creation of a brand’s visual look and feel.
- Assist with new business development for 19 IDEAS, including lead generation and proposal writing, as well as helping support the company’s marketing and communications strategy.
Account & Project Management Duties:
- Serve as primary lead for clients and manage a portfolio comprised of diverse types of businesses and industries.
- Manage projects from inception to completion. This includes determination of and adherence to budgets and project schedules, internal and external resource management, problem resolution, risk identification, and supervisions of routing and approval processes.
- Utilize and update 19 IDEAS CRM and project management tools on a regular basis.
- Produce and present weekly internal status and forecast reports for accounts managed.
- Prepare plans, reports and presentations for clients; lead meetings and presentations.
- Foster a good work relationship with clients and 19 IDEAS team members.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between employees and senior management, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Coordinate with third party vendors on behalf of 19 IDEAS and its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree, a concentration in communications or marketing is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in an agency, communications or marketing role. Candidates with agency experience will be given priority review.
- Experience in media relations required.
- Experience with event management and logistics, as well as vendor coordination, strongly preferred.
- Experience in brand management is a plus.
- Demonstrate a strong competency in, and familiarity with, successful traditional and digital marketing and social media strategies.
- Ability to lead, understand and evaluate integrated communication strategies involving public relations, digital and social media, and multimedia content.
- Demonstrate effective management of multiple simultaneous projects and teams that vary in size and scope in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment while meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as project management and hours-tracking databases.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.