The Multimedia Specialist will lend critical support to the Creative department for creative work and ideation.
Regular full-time. This position and the tenets and specific benefits presented within it are based on full-time, exempt status.
This position is part of the Creative department and reports to the Creative Director.
- Create multimedia projects following best practice principles for producing work. Key responsibilities will include shooting, editing, and producing video, photo and other multimedia work for a variety of platforms including web, digital, social media channels.
- Pitch creative concepts to the Creative Director or Associate Creative Director using storyboards, scripts, or sketches supported with strategic rationale and consideration for project requirements.
- Maintain responsibility and thought leadership throughout the creative process. Constructively collaborate with designers, writers, developers, brand managers, digital marketers and communications specialists throughout project work.
- Contribute to scoping multimedia projects and making technical recommendations. Be prepared to make recommendations about set up, approach and equipment needs to achieve photos and videos with the desired look and feel. Advise team members about most appropriate file types to capture footage and to export final work in.
- Ensure that work displays and plays correctly, and that work meets the needs of all intended platforms and users (including those with disabilities).
- Leverage data and analytics to understand the effectiveness and impact of multimedia projects as to continuously improve the company’s work to meet the business goals of our clients and grow the multimedia service offering.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, and support of technology and media equipment related to multimedia projects. Lead the organization and cataloging of all photo and video files to be consistent with company-wide organization and filing structure.
- Understand and uphold brand integrity, inclusivity and accessibility throughout all work.
- Stay atop industry, market, cultural and field trends to implement within creative work.
- Contribute to weekly internal and client workflow updates, attend internal status meetings, and be prepared to discuss project progress.
- Foster and maintain a positive working relationship with 19 Ideas team members, as well as clients.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between 19 Ideas team members and leadership.
- Proficiently use project management tools and software on a daily basis.
- Keep all workflow spaces and folders organized, with RAW, in progress, edited and final files properly categorized and saved.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in multimedia studies or equivalent work experience producing video and photography for marketing campaigns.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience shooting, editing, and producing videos, photos and other multimedia projects. Agency experience or experience within the marketing and communications field is preferred.
- Must have a portfolio of finished and published photo and video work for review to be submitted with cover letter and resume.
- Possess advanced knowledge in all aspects of digital photography and video including pre- and post-production work, current relevant equipment and editing software, as well as methodologies for creating award-winning multimedia content for brands.
- Professionally interface with 19 Ideas clients and the general public on assignments or in a professional business setting.
- Understand the importance of consistency in brand and voice, adhering to brand and tone standards and following brand style guidelines.
- Understand the importance of inclusivity and accessibility in marketing and with multimedia projects.
- Possess basic graphic design and typography skills.
- Demonstrate effective time management in a collaborative team environment while meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies.
- Expert in Adobe Premier, After Effects, Animate CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Illustrator, Photoshop. Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as project management and hour-tracking databases.
Elbow grease has its benefits.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Health insurance & wellness programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Responsible (unlimited) PTO
- Flexible/remote work policies
- Company holidays & Holiday Shutdown
- Professional development opportunities