Marketing and Communications Intern
We’re looking for a part-time (minimum 16 hours per week) intern ready to roll up sleeves and make instant impact. This position is part of the marketing communications team and reports to the PR & Communications Director.
The Marketing and Communications intern will lend critical support to the Account team for a range of ideation and campaign needs.
- Help develop social media, marketing, PR, and digital campaigns.
- Help develop materials such as press releases, media advisories, media contact lists, and email pitches.
- Conduct strategic research.
- Assist at client and press events.
- Assist with developing content for internal and external communication and reporting on marketing and communications projects.
- Write copy for websites, advertising and marketing collateral.
- Assist in day-to-day tasks and administrative duties.
- Participate in various brainstorm meetings.
- The importance of a holistic approach to marketing and communications, taking into account all aspects of a brand and its presence on all public platforms.
- How to use social media to increase brand awareness.
- How to hone your writing skills and develop different brand voices.
- The inner-workings of a multi-faceted, integrated marketing and communications agency.
- Enrolled (or just completing) in a four-year program in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Well-versed in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- A proficient and effective verbal and written communicator.
- Detail-oriented, punctual, has a positive attitude and follows direction well.
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- A quick learner that see a project to completion.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.