We’re looking for a Freelance Designer to support our web, mobile app and other digital creative services. This position is part of the Creative Team and reports to the Creative Director.
- Work with 19 IDEAS’ creative and marketing staff to understand client, brand and project requirements to provide layouts and artwork for clients and third party vendors.
- Responsible for designing and developing projects from concept to production, to include: creating original designs and developing art for print and digital advertisements, web sites and email campaigns.
- Support the 19 IDEAS creative team with production work for print and web projects, including quality assurance.
- Must have the ability to create or modify materials according to existing brand standards and maintain a look consistent with existing assets.
- Provide support for image modification, retouching and document layout.
- Work closely with the creative director on the design and production of all assets.
- Coordinate with 19 IDEAS account team and project managers as needed for final production of deliverables.
- Foster a good work relationship with clients, either through direct contact or in support of clients’ needs, along with 19 IDEAS team members.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between employees and senior management, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Interface with third party vendors on behalf of 19 IDEAS and its clients, where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a design-related field, along with a creative portfolio showing samples of individually produced work.
- At least three (3) years of experience in an agency or creative/graphic design role. Candidates with agency experience will be given priority review.
- Familiarity with digital platforms such as websites, social and digital media, and email. Sketch, working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe After Effects and Premiere are a plus.
- Possess great working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Understanding of how to build production files for print projects including booklets, brochures, dimensional pieces, and large format projects.
- Ability to work on-site a plus.
- An artistic flair and eye for design.
- Proficient with project management and hours-tracking databases.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.