Digital Experience Director
Reports To: Company Partners
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for leading direction, strategy and growth for the agency Digital Experience department. The Digital Experience Director will guide overarching strategic vision across digital and conversion marketing campaigns, including end-to-end website processes, that solve business challenges and drives results for 19 Ideas and its clients. As a dedicated relationship builder and problem solver, the individual in this role will lead the development and expansion for this service function for the company including deepening the digital marketing client roster, champion internal staff mentorship, create digital marketing processes that support overall staff utilization goals and company-wide operating procedures, and identify digital marketing strategies that tie to the overall business goals of the agency and its clients.
Regular full-time. This position and the tenets and specific benefits presented within it are based on full-time, exempt status.
The Digital Experience Director will:
- Provide thought leadership and perspective on all digital marketing and web strategies to achieve desired client outcomes – working closely with Senior Digital Marketing Strategist, Senior Front-End Developer, and cross-department team members.
- Liaise with Senior Digital Marketing Strategist and Senior Front-End Developer to ensure client objectives are being consistently met, and issues are swiftly addressed.
- Develop and grow digital marketing relationships with prospective and current clients.
- Approve strategic imperatives, plans and metrics, to be executed by Digital Experience department peers and internal client project teams.
- Establish digital marketing and website key performance indicators (KPIs) that connect to both the agency and its clients’ business goals.
- Advise and guide digital marketing and website development planning within broader integrated marketing strategies, working collaboratively with the Communications department.
- Approve digital experience client budgets, timelines and performance metrics, in coordination with the internal project team.
- Produce and provide senior-level digital experience strategies and counsel for the agency and its clients.
- Strategize, develop, and hone Digital Experience department service offerings, reporting, presentations, descriptions, strategies, and pricing models.
- Establish and manage Digital Experience department budget.
- Identify and champion professional development opportunities for Digital Experience team members.
- Develop annual plan for Digital Experience department goal-setting, performance and growth.
- Serve as supervisor for Digital Experience team members, including oversight and evaluation of performance goals.
- Ideate proactive opportunities that enhance agency reputation and awareness through digital experience strategies and campaigns.
- Serve as part of the agency Leadership team, contributing to business development, resource planning, process and systems efficiencies, operations, and company-wide policies and directives.
- Collaborate with Leadership team to guide agency planning, growth and change management.
- Provide regular reporting on the performance and work of the Digital Experience department for the agency and its clients to the company partners and to the Leadership team as needed.
- Work with Department Directors to ensure overarching viability, consistency and accuracy for overarching strategy and execution for the agency and its clients.
- Identify, analyze and monitor new and emerging digital experience industry, social and cultural trends as well as the competitive digital experience landscape for client and agency adoption.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment with all agency team members and clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in digital and conversion marketing with proven success.
- Proven experience in a management or leadership role.
- Proven experience with setting and meeting or exceeding client and company KPIs for optimal performance.
- Experience with building custom websites as part of an overarching integrated digital marketing strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in digital marketing, web development, business or directly related field is preferred.
- Effective leadership skills with strong desire and ability for collaboration.
- Experience with leading teams and company change management.
- Strong comfort with multi-tasking and managing departmental workflow, processes, budgets and project timelines.
- Strong experience in critical thinking, problem solving and issues management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Listen effectively and lead with integrity.
- Superior attention to detail coupled with a keen ability to see and keep the bigger picture in mind.
- A strong track record of integrating marketing and business thinking – a true 360-degree strategist.
- A balance of art and science, with the ability to think creatively and support with measurement and insights.
- Knowledge of, and interest to continually learn, industry best practices.
- Superior analytical skills to interpret data and provide recommendations.
- Passion for marketing strategy, a love for leadership and collaboration, and an aptitude to plan, execute and problem solve with finesse.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with CRM software is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Physical requirements of the job are typical of an office environment.
- Working conditions of the job are typical of an office environment.
Elbow grease has its benefits.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Health insurance & wellness programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Responsible (unlimited) PTO
- Flexible/remote work policies
- Company holidays & Holiday Shutdown
- Professional development opportunities