Regular full time. This position and the tenets and specific benefits presented within it are based on full-time, exempt status.
This position is part of the Creative Team and reports to the Creative Director.
- Create visual concepts for all print and digital mediums in response to clients’ briefs and input from the internal project teams. Projects will encompass all creative marketing mediums including print collateral, large format and out-of-home materials, dimensional promotional materials, digital asset creation for web and social channels, email design and website design.
- Deliver beautiful, functional and on-brand creative for effective marketing efforts.
- Translate product positioning, existing research and offline/online marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Create, or learn and understand brand standards for 19 IDEAS and our clients, becoming a steward of those standards for the teams that use them.
- Ability to select and curate high-quality, on-brand photography from either stock or custom libraries, and perform basic retouching as needed.
- Enthusiasm for ideation and concepting creative suggestions for work that will meet clients’ business needs. Offer new ideas and concepts to the Creative Director and 19 IDEAS team and participate in creative ideation sessions as needed.
- Collaborate with specialists from other departments, including web developers, digital marketers, copywriters, marketing strategists and researchers, to generate holistic and thoughtful solutions to design-driven challenges.
- Create functional design files appropriate for the necessary means of production and manage files correctly and as instructed by the Creative Director.
- Work with the team at 19 IDEAS to ensure all work is accurate and proof work before routing it for review and approval.
- Work with the collective team to manage tasks and turn around changes quickly and efficiently, meeting deadlines and hours allocations.
- Present and explain work, concepts and ideas to the 19 IDEAS team and to clients as needed.
- Utilize and update 19 IDEAS project management tools on a daily basis.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and produce work efficiently.
- Support 19 IDEAS relationships with clients, either through direct contact or in support of clients’ needs with quality, on-time work.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between employees and senior management, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Interface with third-party production vendors and print shops on behalf of 19 IDEAS and its clients, when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a design-related field, along with a creative portfolio showing samples of individually produced work.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in an agency or creative/design role. Candidates with agency experience will be given priority review.
- A passion for beauty and details — must be a natural visual thinker.
- Possess great working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro and Sketch is a plus.
- Understanding of how to build production files for print projects including booklets, brochures, dimensional pieces and large-format projects.
- Proficient with time management and hours-tracking.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.