Reports To: Communications Director
This position plays a critical role in supporting development of integrated marketing and communications campaigns that solve business challenges and drive results for 19 Ideas and its clients. This individual will be a champion for our clients’ brands and is responsible for ensuring that all work – from conception to completion – is executed and reported with precision. The Brand Manager will serve as day-to-day client contact and will work closely with the Senior Brand Strategist and company directors by providing project feedback and analysis to help inform future decision-making.
The Brand Manager will:
- Support development of customized, integrated client marketing and communications strategies to achieve a client’s desired outcomes and business goals.
- Review and approve retainer- and project-based work.
- Work across all agency departments to ensure viability, consistency and accuracy for work executions.
- Enforce and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) that connect to clients’ success.
- Lead and ensure timely campaign execution and reporting.
- Manage and contribute to client proposal development for new and existing business, working closely with Senior Brand Strategist and/or company leadership for reviews and approvals.
- Regularly meet and lead discussions with clients and internal project teams.
- Interface with clients for strategy meetings, calls, and planning and reporting sessions.
- Analyze and monitor competitive landscape and industry trends to help determine forward-looking marketing and communications strategy for our clients.
- Continuously monitor industry trends and competitive services and products in the marketplace.
- Develop and manage content development across marketing and communications functions, such as media materials, digital media and print collateral.
- Ensure team adherence to budgets and timelines for all client and agency projects.
- Organize product launches and promotional events, as needed.
- Coordinate with Senior Brand Strategist for updates on client account status, forecasting, challenges and opportunities.
- Regularly communicate progress of initiatives to clients and internal stakeholders (e.g., Senior Brand Strategist, Communications Director).
- Serve as primary contact for internal client project team for facilitating a campaign’s successful movement from concept to completion.
- Serve as primary contact for internal client project team to ensure client objectives are consistently met, and issues are swiftly addressed.
- Execute strategic imperatives, plan and metrics approved by Senior Brand Strategist and Communications Director.
- Lead coordination with vendors and distributors, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in brand management, client/account service, or serving within a marketing and communications role.
- Proven experience within the marketing and communications field, as well as and holistic marketing strategy development.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, communications, or directly related field is preferred.
- Strong comfort with multi-tasking, managing budgets, and understanding project timelines.
- Experience with problem solving and issues management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to integrate digital thinking with traditional media and other communications channels – a true 360-degree strategist.
- A balance of art and science, with the ability to think creatively and support with measurement and insights.
- Knowledge of, and interest to continually learn, industry best practices.
- Customer service experience to handle clients and customers from different industries and backgrounds.
- Passion for marketing and communications strategy, a love for collaboration, an ingrained curiosity to learn, and an aptitude to multitask, execute, and problem solve.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical requirements of the job are typical of an office environment.
- Working conditions of the job are typical of an office environment.
Elbow grease has its benefits.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Health insurance & wellness programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Responsible (unlimited) PTO
- Flexible/remote work policies
- Company holidays & Holiday Shutdown
- Professional development opportunities