This position is part of the Account team and reports to the PR & Communications Director. This individual will manage cross-functional client accounts and lend critical support to marketing and communications ideation, strategy, planning and implementation.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and provide strategic guidance to ensure agency and client goals are met, projects launch on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the successful implementation of traditional/digital marketing, communications and public relations projects. Similar management of web and mobile app development projects, as needed.
- Support client brand development projects, which will include various forms of primary and secondary research, brand story development, and the creation of a brand’s visual look and feel.
- Write, edit, proofread and revise marketing and public relations materials, including copy for websites, marketing collateral, press releases and advisories, editorial and op-eds, stakeholder and employee communication, influencer lists, proposals, presentations and strategy documents for 19 IDEAS and its clients.
- Assist with the development of story arcs to pitch members of the media on behalf of clients. Interface with media reporters, community, and organization inquiries on behalf of clients.
- Staff and manage events on behalf of 19 IDEAS and clients, wherever needed or warranted.
- Stay on top of industry, market, cultural and social trends to implement for 19 IDEAS and its clients. Gather and organize client and competitive information as needed. Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption to 19 IDEAS and its clients where appropriate.
- Assist with new business development for 19 IDEAS, including lead generation and proposal writing, as well as helping support the company’s marketing and communications strategy.
Account and Project Management Duties:
- Manage projects from inception to completion. This includes determination of and adherence to budgets and project schedules, internal and external resource management, problem resolution, risk identification, and supervisions of routing and approval processes.
- Utilize and update 19 IDEAS CRM and project management tools on a regular basis.
- Produce and present weekly internal status and forecast reports for accounts managed.
- Prepare plans, reports and presentations for clients, lead meetings and presentations.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between employees and senior management, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Interface with third party vendors on behalf of 19 IDEAS and its clients, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, a concentration in communications or marketing is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in an agency, communications or marketing role. Candidates with agency experience will be given priority review.
- Demonstrate a strong competency in, and familiarity with, successful traditional and digital marketing and social media strategies.
- Ability to lead, understand and evaluate integrated communication strategies involving public relations, digital and social media, and multimedia content.
- Experience in brand development, public and media relations, and event management all a plus.
- Demonstrate effective management of multiple simultaneous projects and teams that vary in size and scope in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment while meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as project management and hours-tracking databases.
In addition to specific skills described, 19 IDEAS expects the following from all of its employees:
- Work with purpose, and help communicate this company motto to clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Passion for your work and your career, and a demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creating new products, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong self-discipline with the ability and desire to work with a team and/or independently on multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Dependability, resourcefulness, and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and sharp problem-solving skills.
- Personable and customer-service oriented at all times.
- Stable under pressure and reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills.